Outer Banks Real Estate

Summary
 Overall – So far, the first four months of 2016 have not seen much change from 2015; however,

Outer Banks REALTORS® have reported to the Outer Banks MLS that they are busier then ever. What do the statistics show? Overall unit sales are up by 3 units but Total Volume Sold and Average Sale Price are up by 10%. Median sale price is up by 9% and total inventory is down 6%. The number of listings being placed under contract is still ahead of 2015 but by only 3% (932 units vs. 906 units). The details are listed below:

Outer Banks Residential sales – The bright spot in residential sales is condominiums. Condominium unit sales are up 22%, total volume sold is up 37% and the average sale price is up 12%. Single Family detached homes unit sales are down 3%, total volume sold is up 4% and the average sale price is up 7%. Residential inventory is down 6%.

Outer Banks Land Sales – Lot / Land sales are up 6%, total volume sold is up 21%, and average sale price is up 15%%. Lots / Land inventory is down 4%.

Outer Banks Distressed Properties – Unit sales of residential distressed properties are down 40% with only 37 units sold in 2016. Only 40 units have been foreclosed in Dare County during 2016 vs 59 in 2015.

View Full Report: Outer Banks Real Estate – April 2016 MLS Report

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *