Outer Banks Association of Realtors January 2015 MLS Statistical Report Summary:
* Overall – “Overall sales are off to a slow start in 2015 with sales down by 7% and total volume down by 21%. See below for a breakdown of the January sales by class:
* Residential Sales – Unit sales were down by 13% with 93 units sold in January compared with 107 units in January 2014. Total volume sold was also down by 20%; however, the median sale price is up by 15%.
* Land Sales – Unit sales were up 41% with 31 units sold in January compared with 22 units in January 2014. Total volume sold was also up by 17%. Average and median sales prices were both down by 17% and 19% respectively.
* Inventory – Residential inventory was up 4% with 1870 units on the market; however, land and commercial inventory are both down about 11%.
* Foreclosures – Although the data is incomplete for January, there have been 13 foreclosures in Dare County so far. Thirteen is the lowest number of January foreclosure filings since the MLS started collecting data in 2011.”
See the whole report here – REPORT